Now, at my house, we do things a little slower- Santa leaves the stockings out on the couches, and the presents go behind a "Christmas" sheet.... to keep them hidden until the last minute. I do this to spread out the fun, AND to insist on a healthy breakfast before the morning gets too distracting. The kids come down, look at stockings (candy free stockings ;), and I make breakfast. After we all eat, then we go to the Christmas sheet and open it up! The rest of the day is chaos....
This year "Santa" worked VERY hard Christmas eve afternoon to assemble a trampoline for the kids.... so that Christmas morning when all the presents were opened and we heard the " but mom.... Santa didn't bring me anything..." we could pull off the letter, on the tree, from Santa, telling the kids to look in the backyard..... they ran, and were SO excited to see it up and ready to play! (Jackson kept telling us how Santa MUST have come to our house first because he had to carry the tramp underneath the sleigh- so he HAD to drop it off first because other wise he couldn't land at the other houses!! :)
Anyway the rest of the day was a blur- spent playing with Christmas toys and running around crazy. Here are some pictures....
KK being excited, and silly, OFCOURSE
Jackson being.......Jackson.
Us playing the Wii- Mario Cart I believe! The kids kicked my butt.....
Kk very excited about her new "cooking" stuff! She is obsessed!!!
Notice the baking stuff is out and everywhere.... everything else STILL in pkgs.....
Jack has AWESOME bed head! (this is his sleepy grin after opening Mario Cart!) thnx Ammon and Carlo!
Waiting to take down the sheet!
Mom trying to grab a few snap shots before the craziness begins......











4 comments:
YAY! I loved this. I love the pic of the kids waiting for the sheet to come down, if you enlarge you can see K is jumping, Jack is pushing her out of his way, and Lily looking sweet (with Santa looking exhausted). Speaking of Santa, his sexy by the tree pic is hilarious!! I love him! Your tree looks awesome, and I love the no candy in the stockings..coming from a cavity queen..its nice to know your kids won't have my troubles :)
Jack is a rockstar
Yup. I'll say it again. You have the most beautiful family, EVER!
I think many of the faces in these photos are pretty awesome but the sexy patrick picture is truly special! I will have Steve pose for one like that next year!
Post a Comment