Dec 1st through Christmas Eve

OK- Let's start with Christmas Eve. I know, I know, it has been FOREVER since I posted (like anyone cares but you Mari....) but in the name of catching up here goes. We got home from Utah Dec 1st and Life has been crazy ever since. Our December in review...
Dec 1st- STARTED my Christmas shopping! All who know me know that this was unusual as I am usually finished by thanksgiving....
Dec 15th- FINISHED my Christmas shopping, yes that was ALL I did for the first 2 weeks.....
Dec 17th- I turned 28! Happy Birthday to me!
Dec 19th- Kids last day of school ( and the beginning of the craziness for me)
Dec 20-23rd- mostly just playing at my house! Although I think we cut out and decorated cookies AT LEAST 3 times, went to breakfast with Santa, wrapped presents, and watched Charlie Brown Christmas among other holiday movies....
Dec 24th- Went to the gym (that's right!) went to peter piper pizza(while daddy "worked" aka- put up the tramp from Santa in the backyard) came home and watched a family Christmas show, went to dinner(hello Olive Garden), and drove around to see Christmas lights. Then we came home, put out our cookies, read the Christmas story from the Bible(while translating into "4yr old"), talked a TON about the true meaning of Christmas, THEN opened our reindeer name tagged Christmas Jammie's (a tradition from Patrick's family... all the presents have reindeer names instead of regular names and you figure out which presents are yours Christmas Eve @ the Jammie opening! SO FUN!). Here are a few pics! I will do a Christmas day post next....


Lily and Mommy hanging out by the tree.... (boy do I look cheesey)

KK and Mommy at the restaurant.

Patrick, Lily, and Jackson (who REFUSED to smile normally) at the restaurant.

Ginger Bread Houses ( done sometime the week of Christmas.... Notice Jackson EATING the decorations..... Yeah, it was a problem....)








5 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Ha! Jack looks possessed at the restaurant!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

SO CUTE!!! I am SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you FINALLY posted!!! I am seriously SO HAPPY! First of all, LOVE the pic of you & Lily bug on Christmas Eve! And I love the one of the three of them decorating the gingerbread house! With Lily on the table to feel included! And I love that Jack ate them as he decorated, can you blame him, its CANDY! I love the Reindeer name tradition--i think its fun! Your tree (from the tiny bit I see) looks so pretty!! I MISS YOU ALL! I loved seeing all the faces, Patrick, KK, Jack, You, Lily! Yay for you blogging again!!

Jen said...

FINALLY! Contrary to popular belief, Mari is NOT the only one that cares about your blog. I've been checking your blog EVERY day for a month waiting for this post. YAY! Cute pictures. I miss you guys.

Jeni said...

I read your blog too! I love it! Lily is getting so big, I just want to eat her up. Boys never want to smile normally- my husband is the perfect example....

Spiker said...

Lily is so ig now and I love your shorter hair! Lindsay went really dark with hers. I love it and am thinking about going that dark, but I am scared! Glad you had a good xmas! I need to blog mine!