A Day In Lauren's Life


Even with the truly ugly picture of me above(there are no good ones lately!), I STILL think I live a charmed life. Here's whats going on with me these days....

I keep busy doing all the things that mothers of small children do... OK the ONE thing mothers of small children do, I clean. Re-clean. And clean some more. Between cleaning up the normal day to day disasters, to cleaning the house, cleaning the car, cleaning the clothes, and cleaning the kids themselves; I feel like I am ALWAYS cleaning up something. I am sure every mother out there has felt the same. It is slightly exhausting, but I wouldn't change it. I love being home with my kids and experiencing all life has to offer with them near by. I have also been home schooling Jackson these days, and will until the end of the year. It was a careful and thought out decision, and I am still not so sure I made the right one! It is SO hard for me to stay organized! When I am not cleaning, or teaching, it seems I am baking, or cooking. In an effort to be more like my own mother, and give the children a piece of my charmed childhood, I have been THAT mom lately. The mom that ALWAYS has something yummy in the oven or on the stove. I have been feeding my family, my food, from scratch, more and more often. I am not sure if it is actually healthier, but I try to make it that way. I enjoy it a lot. In fact, maybe one of the reasons I am constantly cleaning the kitchen, is because NOTHING gets me in the mood to whip up a frenzy of food like a clean kitchen. I have enjoyed and hopefully will continue to enjoy learning and mastering new recipes and meals for my family. My current obsession, the perfect caramel apple and yummy kid friendly Mexican food. I know they don't go together, but what can I say, I love them both! My days are filled with cooking, cleaning, teaching, and taking the kids to all their designated activities(hello, taxi driver!). But, I do get to do quite a few things for myself. My workouts have been very satisfying and intense these days. I go to the gym for at least an hour everyday. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to workout, and to challenge myself physically. I always have. I love it when, I think I can't do something, that I am not strong enough, and then PROVE myself wrong. It is a bit nuts, and probably not always that healthy, but I just LOVE it. I also get to read all the time, it's so relaxing. I am obsessed with the Wii and DS, and always find a reason to play "just a few" games with Jackson! He thinks that ALL the mom's conquer level after level for their kids! I also am big in to coupon-ing and organizing our family food storage efforts. It seems that every grocery shopping trip these days is VERY planned and organized. :) I keep busy, and enjoy my life! Anyway- that's whats going on with me!

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Lauren, I loved this post! It's fun to hear what YOU are up to (even though I love hearing about your kids too)!
Even though I only have one child, well maybe two with my husband, I feel the same way about cleaning. There is nothing like a 15 month old to terrorize every clean space in my house. I feel like I'm constantly doing dishes, vacuuming, wiping something... but the clean house results are so worth it!
PLUS I'm so proud of you for working out so diligently. I'm still working on that one...

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

You are such a rockstar. Seriously, I hope I can be half the mother you are! I love that Jack thinks all moms play Nintendo...wait til his friends find out, they will be SO JEALOUS! & you will be the cool mom on the block! (as if you already weren't). And I think you are absolutely AMAZING when I read about your workouts, you are a tough cookie, Im glad I have you on my team in case we need to brawl! lol. Misssss you soooooo much. Great post, keep em comin!

Kendra said...

I am totally with you on that clean kitchen!